Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 4

On June 1st of this year, I had my first doctor's appointment for a pain I was experiencing in the right side of my abdomen. There was no cause. It was just a dull pain that would get worse, then wane, at random times throughout each day.

Three pregnancy tests, two rounds of laxatives, two x-rays, two ultrasounds, three doctors, five blood tests and one CAT scan later, NOBODY IS THE WISER. I have, in the words of the docs, a "tiny" ovarian cyst on that side. They all seem befuddled that such a "tiny" thing could cause so much pain, so nobody will draw any kind of conclusion.

My stomach still hurts, and when I lay flat on my back, you can SEE that the right side is ever-so-slightly more elevated than the left. Ew, right?

This is the driving force behind my decision to do the juice fast. I truly believe that my body can heal itself, since nobody else can.

This morning I woke up with a sore throat, which I have to assume is caused by how much juice/water/tea drinking I've been drinking. This won't deter me, though, because if I can fix my toddler meals without taking little bites, and if I can watch my husband eat garlic bread and steak while I sip veggies, I can push past a little soreness in my esophagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment