Monday, June 4, 2012

Celebrate the Random!

*don't blink, you'll miss a link!

June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month.  Who knew?  After learning this fun fact, I decided to do a little research and find out what healthy "celebrations" I've been missing out on.  I think it could be a fun way to mix up your diet and learn some fun, new recipes!

National Turkey Lovers' Month:  Simple Turkey Roll-Up Snack (my own idea, although I'm sure I'm not the first):  Take a slice of deli turkey and a fat-free string cheese, then ROLL IT UP!

National Dairy MonthHealthy Cottage Cheese Pancakes... YUM.

National Papaya Month:  Just juice it!  How to juice a papaya.

June 12 is National Peanut Butter Cookie Day:  Muffin Top-Less Peanut Butter Protein Cookies.  I follow this gal's tumbler site, she always has great recipes for those of you with a sweet tooth!

June 13 is National Kitchen Klutzes of America Day:  Sometimes we just need to stick to the basics. :-)  Recipes for the Hopeless Cook, and again.

This was fun!  I'll post some recipes at the beginning or each month, and we can try them out together!

No comments:

Post a Comment