Friday, June 29, 2012

Meatheads.

My trainer girl has moved on to bigger and better things.  She took a job at a different gym, and we haven't worked out together in a few weeks now.  Sad.  And tough.  I actually enjoy having a workout buddy as opposed to duking it out on my own.

Yeah, not me.  Or my trainer.  But you get the idea.


I always talk to the front desk staff at my gym (which is how I met trainer girl) whether they are associates or trainers.  A select few have really taken me under their wing and have been helping me, guiding, me, and giving me priceless tips about diet and exercise.

About a week ago, I was introduced to Trainer Boy.  He is a complete opposite of the gal I've been exercising with, but it's a GOOD thing.  After talking to my favorite front desk dude about isolate protein powders and fish oil (because we're cool), trainer boy jumps in and realizes I'm legit about changing my life.

The magic words.

"Hey, I have a few clients who pre-pay for sessions, then don't answer my calls when it's time to schedule.  At the end of the month, if I have any leftover open time, come on in and I'll train you."

Really, readers?  Do you guys even KNOW how lucky I feel?  This is the second trainer who has sacrificed time and energy to help ME.

I'm going to re-preach a previous post, because it begs to be said.  ASK FOR HELP.

That's all I do.  I ask and ask and ask and ask.  Not for everything, don't get me wrong.  It's usually a "Can you show me how to use this equipment?", "What in the freaking heck is a Superman Surfer?" or "Is there a certain brand of protein powder I should avoid?".  The difference between just asking and actually asking and doing is what catches the attention of the staff. 

Please don't think I am trying to get everybody to scam on trainers.  I wish I could afford to pay for a personal trainer, because in my mind the way I've treated my body these past few years, I DON'T deserve the advice I've been recieving.  I'm just trying to help you all understand that when you put yourself out there and make others realize that you are SERIOUS about a new way of life, good things will come of it. 

For real.

P.S.  Trainer boy looks like a meathead, but as it turns out, he's quite awesome.  I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover, even if that book looks like a gorgeous beefed-up snobby fitness model with dimples and long eyelashes.  Think A.C. Slater sans mullet. :-)


What?  Oh, I'm just headed to the gym to fix Kristen's bod.

4 comments:

  1. Just out of curiousity how much weight have you lost? Or inches? (Or if you aren't keeping track, how tall are you and weight?) I'm trying to get in shape too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Katie! I wish I could give you an answer, but I'm waiting until the end of my training to reveal stats and weight and such. I recorded my weight and body fat percentage towards the beginning (and I'll try to whip up some before/after pictures as well), so I'm just as curious as you are! Stay tuned and good luck with your goals! :-)

    P.S. I'm not really trying to lose weight, mostly build muscle, so my weight actually may not be that different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good idea!! I will be excited to see the before and after pictures! You might even weigh more because of muscle but look stronger! That is what I am aiming for. Thanks! I'll stay posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious. What types of protein powder did they say to avoid? I have PCOS so I'm not supposed to have soy and almost all protein powders contain soy.

    ReplyDelete