Monday, September 16, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-ch-chanGES!

The nice thing about blogging? 

It's not my JOB!

I got started during my juice cleanse a few years ago, and every time I think about it I feel GUILTY.  Like, I should be posting stuff every day! 

But, alas... I cannot.

I can, however, embrace my 500+ followers and start thinking of FUN things to read about instead of peeking around the corner, seeing my blank laptop screen, and feeling sheepish that I don't blog often enough to deserve so many lovely readers.

So, remember back when I had a Holter monitor?  Well, that fun heart stuff happened again.  I am on day ten of a twenty-one day stint with a little computer logging all of my arrhythmias.  I juice.  I'm healthy.  My heart just likes to freak out for no reason whatsoever.  Fun.

Abrupt change of subject.

Since I've been juicing for so long, and thinking about experimenting with new recipes makes me feel exhausted, I will share with you my go-to, simple, cram-as-much-shit-as-you-can-into-one-recipe official Mean Green (copyright Joe Cross, me thinks) recipe and fruit juice recipe.  I make them about every two days, and I have the fruit juice for breakfast and the green juice throughout the rest of the day.  I use some vintage Tupperware pitchers and they seal just fine. :-)



Green Stuff:

-6 on-the-vine tomatoes (I like tomato flavor...)
-12 ounces of spinach (I buy a big 1 1/2lb bag and use half for my batch)
-1 cucumber
-4 celery stalks
-2 large carrots
-2 red apples

Fruit Stuff:

-1 crate of strawberries
-4 large carrots
-4 apples

Sooo, enjoy.  Love how the juice will make you feel. I promise to update more often!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment